Welcome to the Rocky Mountain Hound Association
Often referred to as the Rocky Mountain Hound Club, where we are all about hounds!
We are an AKC member club, licensed in 2009, with these objectives:
- to further the advancement of all hound breeds of purebred dogs; to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of all hound breeds of pure-bred dogs;
- to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and performance events;
- to conduct sanctioned matches, dog shows, obedience trials, field and other events for which the club is eligible under the Rules and of the AKC.
Our primary efforts and activities are:
- Monthly meetings (3rd Wednesday of each month)
- 3 Hound Group shows per year
- Obedience and Rally Trials (generally every other year)
- C.A.T.s (Coursing Ability Trials), Fast C.A.T.s, and other lure coursing tests/trials
- Annual Health Clinics, Educational Speakers, Legislation Alerts
- Supporting and advocating for the rights of purebred dog ownership
- Socializing gatherings with other dog friends and fanciers
Our membership includes sight and scent hound breed dog owners. Many of which participate in a variety of organized dog events and most are very willing to help new people into the sport of dogs. If you would like to learn more about our club, please join us at one of our monthly meetings, where we conduct club business, prepare and organize our shows and events, socialize with other dog fanciers, and continue to learn more about purebred dogs.
Next monthly meeting
Wed, July 21st at 7:00 pm
if you would like information
on how to attend